This gentle adventure filled with breath-taking mountainous landscapes will take you back to the times when the Drina used to be a wild, unpredictable mountain river, still seemingly untamed by the Perucac Lake.
And then, just a few hundred meters away from the beginning of this adventure, you will witness a fabulous natural attraction – where rivers spring, only 365 m long which is why it is also called the river “Year”, in a series of three beautiful waterfalls gently flowing into the Drina River. When this adventure comes to a close, an unusual sight is there waiting for you- a house in the middle of the Drina River, whose photo will have circulated the Globe by now…
By Irene Becker
Departure from Belgrade at 08 am
Arrival to the point of departure between 10:30-11am, preparation of the equipment and the beginning of the kayak adventure with breaks in beautiful surroundings. Duration of kayaking is around 3-4 h. Lunch is organized in one of the restaurants by the river with the view onto the unique attraction of the area – the little house in the middle of the river Drina. Return to Belgrade in the evening around 10 pm.
– Who can come along? All adventurers out there who are in pursuit of a new life adventure and want to get to know one in a series of lakes or rivers from a different angle, prior experience is not required . The program is especially suitable for companies and team building, small groups, friends and family.
– Transport: Organized transport from Belgrade (or another location subject to demand ), return by the same route to Belgrade.
– Food: Lunch (traditional Serbian cuisine) is included in the price; please indicate if you have any special dietary requirements
– Equipment: a change of dry clothes after the adventure, a hat, a sun screen/cream, a spare pair of footwear, equipment for swimming
– Care for the enviroment: Please take your litter with you to throw it away in designated areas
– Notes: Depending on the weather conditions, the program schedule is subject to minor changes. There is a possibility for a two-day expedition, so contact us for more information.
Price per person:
200 e (1 pax), 120 e (2 pax), 85 e (3 pax), 70 e (4-7 pax), 60 e (8-20 pax)
Included: an English-speaking guide, transport (car or van), kayak adventure 3-4 hours, Serbian traditional meal, refreshments
Duration: 14 hours
Pick up: anywhere in Belgrade
Total transfer time: 6 hours
Our partners: Talas Travel Agency
Dragana Kostica is the Belgrade-based editor in chief and founder of Still in Belgrade art, culture and club scene magazine. She holds a Master of Arts in Cultural Policy and Management in Arts (MA of Arts) and a Bachelor degree in Archaeology.