Following the highly-anticipated screenings of “Lost Country” by Vladimir Perišić and “Poor Things” by Yorgos Lanthimos, the 29th Author’s Film Festival (FAF) proudly presents three more remarkable films by some of the world’s most celebrated filmmakers.
1. “Perfect Days” by Wim Wenders
- 📅 Screening on Sunday, November 26th, at 7:00 PM in Hall 1 at mts Dvorana
- Wim Wenders’ latest masterpiece invites you on a poignant, poetic journey, exploring the beauty within our everyday lives. Witness the story of Hirayama, a seemingly content toilet cleaner in Tokyo, who, beyond his structured routine, revels in his passion for music and books. Unexpected encounters gradually unveil his enigmatic past. Variety hails this gentle Japanese character study as Wim Wenders’ best narrative film in decades.
2. “The Old Oak” by Ken Loach
- 📅 Showing on Monday, November 27th, at 7:00 PM in mts Dvorana
- Renowned director Ken Loach returns to FAF with “The Old Oak,” a heartfelt narrative set in the future of a dwindling pub in a northeast English village. As mines close, the village is abandoned, making it an affordable haven for Syrian refugees. Ken Loach’s latest film is a resounding call for empathy and solidarity, as praised by The Guardian.
3. “Stolen” by Marco Bellocchio
- 📅 Don’t miss it on Tuesday, November 28th, at 7:00 PM in Hall 1 at mts Dvorana
- In 1858, within Bologna’s Jewish quarter, Papal soldiers storm the Mortara family home. Under orders from the cardinal, they have come for seven-year-old Edgardo. Secretly baptized as an infant by his wet nurse, the Papal decree is unwavering: he must receive a Catholic education. Edgardo’s distraught parents spare no effort to reclaim their son. This intriguing and captivating film explores a true story delving into Italian anti-Semitism and the idiosyncrasies of the Catholic Church, as praised by The Hollywood Reporter.
Join us at the 29th FAF:
- 🗓️ November 24th to December 1st
- 📍 mts Dvorana and other venues across Belgrade
- 🎟️ Tickets available at mts Dvorana’s box office and mts Dvorana website
Be part of a cinematic journey that celebrates the art of storytelling. The 29th Author’s Film Festival promises an unforgettable experience. See you there! 🎥🎬🍿
Writer. Blogger. Traveler. Researcher. Electronic Music Lover.